[X2Go-Dev] Bug#272: Regarding x2go and afs interaction

Roy Williams fang64 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:11:26 CET 2015

Hello Everyone,

I have a suggestion that basically involves using k5start from Russ Albury
which I suspect will no longer be as maintained in the future. Available at
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/k5start.html and having that
maintain credentials in the session, then copying the KRB5CCNAME into a new
session and having it renew the Kerberos tickets, so when k5start runs
aklog it'll renew the tokens in the suspended session. It's not ideal but
it does allow you to have session resuming.

I am not sure what the security implications would be doing this since I
suspect this would be frowned on by the Kerberos community. This k5start
tool was intended to keep long running processes from losing their file
system access on a host.

Roy Williams (fang64 at gmail.com)