[X2Go-Dev] Bug#798: Fwd: Bugs report using ssh proxy with x2goplugin

nicolas husson nicko466 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:51:26 CET 2015

To: submit at bugs.x2go.org
From: nicko466 at gmail.com
Subject: can't use ssh proxy with x2goplugin
Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3.1

When I'm trying to use the ssh proxy configuration in session file
with x2goplugin it seems its not working.

Indeed, if you look at the session file in "~/.x2goclient/sessions" which
contains all the configuration of the session of x2goclient application you
will see all the descriptions of each session.

Which looks like this for each session:

[20150220100323537]
speed=2
pack=16m-jpeg
quality=3
fstunnel=true
export="/home/user/Bureau/MountDistantX2goPc:1;"
iconvto=UTF-8
iconvfrom=ISO8859-1
useiconv=false
fullscreen=false
multidisp=false
display=1
maxdim=false
rdpclient=rdesktop
directrdpsettings=
width=800
height=600
dpi=96
setdpi=true
xinerama=false
clipboard=both
usekbd=true
type=auto
sound=true
soundsystem=pulse
startsoundsystem=true
soundtunnel=true
defsndport=true
sndport=4713
print=true
name=username
icon=:icons/128x128/x2gosession.png
host=localhost
user=userTest
key=
rdpport=3389
sshport=2222
autologin=false
krblogin=false
krbdelegation=false
directrdp=false
rootless=false
published=false
applications=WWWBROWSER, MAILCLIENT, OFFICE, TERMINAL
command=SHADOW
rdpoptions=
rdpserver=
xdmcpserver=localhost
*usesshproxy=true*
*sshproxytype=SSH*
*sshproxyuser=usernameProxy*
*sshproxykeyfile=*
*sshproxyhost=123.452.111.124*
*sshproxyport=22*
*sshproxysamepass=false*
*sshproxysameuser=false*
*sshproxyautologin=true*
*sshproxykrblogin=false*

The part which interest me is the bold part.
Indeed, it works when i'm using this conf file with x2go client.
And when i'm using x2goplugin with this configuration it doesn't work. I
take a look at the network traffic and it seems that x2goplugin doesn't
look at the bold part (the ssh proxy).
This is why I think that x2goplugin doesn't work with ssh proxy.

Attachment : 0001-enable-use-of-ssh-proxy-conf-with-x2goplugin.patch

Nicolas HUSSON