[X2Go-Dev] [git repositories] New branching concept

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Tue Feb 24 02:28:31 CET 2015

Hi,

I am pleased to let you know, that the new branching concept will be
effective starting now.

I have reworked the git hooks and changed the repositories accordingly.

Additionally, the git hooks are now available publicly from

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=maintenancescripts.git;a=tree;f=git/hooks

As the only deviation from the previously proposed changes,
"bugfix/<name>" branches will now also be allowed and handled like
"feature/" branches (that is, full control by the author.)

Two currently non-public scripts for git repository creation will need
to be reworked and also put into the maintenancescripts repository. This
is non-critical at the moment, though, as new repositories are to be
created through me and I'm aware of the one quirk regarding the reworked
git hooks. I'll work on this shortly and update the list accordingly.

Mihai