[X2Go-Dev] versioning of X2Go Client (was: Re: [X2Go-User] Preview of X2Go Client 4.0.3.2 available)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Feb 18 06:09:01 CET 2015

Hi Mihai, hi Heinz, hi Stefan,

dropping x2go-user and Luc from this discussion

On  Mi 18 Feb 2015 05:57:14 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am happy to announce a preview of X2Go Client 4.0.3.2 based on on my
> bugfix/osx branch based on my feature/cleanup branch based on current
> master.
>
> This pre-release includes a fix for the problem of X2Go Client
> deadlocking when trying to establish more than one session sequentially.
>
> Please grab the desired DMG file from this location and optionally check
> the checksums and signature:
>
> http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-macosx/x2goclient/previews/4.0.3.2/
>
> Note that this preview includes two versions of X2Go Client. One was
> built on OS X 10.6 and is best-suited for OS X 10.6 and 10.7, while the
> other was built on OS X 10.9 and is best suited for OS X 10.9 and 10.10.
>
> For users on OS X 10.8, I recommend first trying the 10.9 version and if
> this misbehaves, resorting to the 10.6 version.
>

> As always, I would be delighted to get feedback and criticism.

my recommendations for X2Go Client versioning:

   o release X2Go Client as is on Git master as 4.0.3.2
   o merge feature/cleanup branch to master (discussion at our next meeting)
   o version bump to 4.0.4.0
   o release 4.0.4.0 whenever it suits you

@Heinz, Stefan: IMHO, this is a very got point in time where the X2Go
team could release the next X2Go LTS bundle. If needed, I can help
with that now. If this shall be done some time later (I really
disrecommend that), then you can pull me in via a coaching contract
for that (because, no idea when this will be and where I will be by
that time).

Regards,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148