[X2Go-Dev] X.org Coverity fixes (from 2006) & nx-libs

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Wed Feb 18 06:07:20 CET 2015

On 18.02.2015 04:12 AM, Michael DePaulo wrote:
> While I was backporting the CVE-2015-0255 fix from X.org to nx-libs, I
> noticed that there were a ton of Coverity fixes from 2006 in the X.org
> Xserver:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/log/?qt=grep&q=Coverity
>
> I backported only one of them as a prereq for CVE-2015-0255:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=47bdc9528c2dd4ea9d59a0944c023173ea7a7a66
>
> Thoughts/Comments?

This is very alike the general question whether bugfixes from Xorg
should be backported to our current version of nx-libs.

My personal take on that is that this should be low-priority and
backporting is fine when you have spare time on your hands (general "you".)

Within this list, I'd prioritize issues that could crash NX higher than
those merely fixing memory leaks.

Mihai