[X2Go-Dev] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

Eugene San eugenesan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 02:11:35 CET 2015

Hi all.
I am trying to fix gnome sessions (gnome flashback) on Ubuntu 15.10+.

I started with fixing session name (flashback -> flashback-metacity) and
disabling acceleration check (--disable-acceleration-check), but the
sessions are still broken, they start as a black screen and crashes after
few minutes.

Logs are inconclusive.
I guess services are failing to start and the problem is related to recent
systemd-user-init and upstart mixture for sessions start-up.

Can anyone educate me how exactly the sessions are starting in recent
releases and where the problem might be?

Thanks.