[X2Go-Dev] Problem integrating x2go into Linux-system

Heinz-Ado Arnolds arnolds at MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Wed Aug 5 14:27:52 CEST 2015

Dear Mr. Bauer,

thanks for your immediate response!

On 05.08.2015 12:30, Stefan Baur wrote:
> Since you're using a custom-built Linux distribution, it would most
> likely be helpful to know what it is based on - Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora
> Core, Red Hat, ... and the corresponding version number.

Our system is build from scratch, no package manager. I used
x2goclient-4.0.5.0
x2goserver-4.0.1.19
nx-libs-3.5.0.32.tar.gz

System environment:
gcc-5.2.0
glibc-2.21
linux-4.1.3

> Another thing to check: Are you using banners, like, for example in
> /etc/hosts.allow?

No banners, no .profile, no /etc/profile

Would be really great if you have a look at client-sessions1:

Proxy: Identified message of 14 bytes for FD#6 channel ID#1.
handleWrite: Called for FD#6.
handleWrite: Decoding messages for FD#6 with 14 bytes in the buffer.

a working connection shows

Proxy: Identified message of 50 bytes for FD#6 channel ID#1.
handleWrite: Called for FD#6.
handleWrite: Decoding messages for FD#6 with 50 bytes in the buffer.

I assume that the fake cookie can't be set. Di you have any hint where
to look for this?

Kind regards,

H.-A. Arnolds