[X2Go-Dev] How should the new desktop environments be listed in X2Go Client?

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:45:56 CEST 2014

Hi devs (and users),

For X2Go Client (4.0.3.0):
Bug #571 is to add Cinnamon
Bug #607 is to add Openbox
Bug #608 is to add IceWM
Bug #609 is to add Trinity

1st of all, should I list them in all caps like the others? UNITY for
example is actually written as "Unity" on its project page, but we
list it on all caps.

2nd, in what order should they be listed?

The current list of desktop environment sessions in X2Go Client is:
KDE
GNOME
LXDE
XFCE
MATE
UNITY
(other types of sessions)

Mike already told me to add them below UNITY, which I agree with.

There are 3 reasonable orders I can think of:

1. List them in alphabetical order:
Cinnamon
IceWM
Openbox
Trinity

2. List the full desktop environments before the window managers, list
them in alphabetical order:
Cinnamon
Trinity
IceWM
Openbox

3. List them in descending order of popularity (this is just my
educated guess on their popularity):
Cinnamon
Trinity
Openbox