[X2Go-Dev] Bug#566: Successful compile, but no bugfix

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:12:34 CEST 2014

I managed to compile libssh successfully, but I am not sure if it
actually is compiled with unicode support. I say this because the utf8
patch does not fix this bug.

My friend Mike Frederick expressed interest in helping me, so here are
all the details of how I built:

As mentioned in bug 474, I am using this build of mingw 4.8.2, which
QT 4.8.6 wants:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.8.2/threads-posix/dwarf/i686-4.8.2-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev3.7z/download

I am using CMake 2.8.12.2 (the latest 2.x version):
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.12.2-win32-x86.exe

openssl 1.0.1i
http://slproweb.com/download/Win32OpenSSL-1_0_1i.exe

zlib 1.2.8
http://zlib.net/zlib128-dll.zip

These are the CMake options I specified:
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-DUNICODE -D_UNICODE
CMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-DUNICODE -D_UNICODE
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-municode
CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-municode
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-municode
CMAKE_STATIC_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-municode
WITH_EXAMPLES:BOOL=OFF
(In addition to specifying ZLIB_ROOT_DIR)

The exact source I am using is this tarball:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/source/libssh-modified-by-x2go-project/libssh-0.6.3-762055b-pageant-support-mingw482.src.zip

Which is libssh-0.6.3 with these 2 patches applied:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/source/libssh-modified-by-x2go-project/implement-support-for-putty-s-pageant-0.6.3-de62963.patch
http://code.x2go.org/releases/source/libssh-modified-by-x2go-project/libssh-0.6.3-pthread.c.relativepaths.patch