[X2Go-Dev] Bug#591: Bug#591: Works under certain configurations, not others

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Sep 8 11:08:29 CEST 2014

Hi Michael, hi Tristan,

On  So 07 Sep 2014 16:46:07 CEST, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> 1. I was *able* to reproduce this bug under X2Go Client for Windows.
> To be perfectly clear, it only happens when you are launching a remote
> application ("Single Application" or "Published Application"), not
> when you are launching a KDE session.

Actually, this can be blamed on the way how X11 integrates with MS Windows.

We would need an app that docks into the Windows system tray and
proxies system tray icons coming in from applications running in
VcXsrv/X11.

http://standards.freedesktop.org/systemtray-spec/systemtray-spec-0.2.html#docking

So you would need an app that is standing with one leg in X11,
providing the system-tray-provider specs as defined by freedesktop.org
and standing in MS Windows with the other leg, proxying the incoming
X11 systray icons/menus to the Windows system tray.

Never heard of something like this to exist, actually.

Any ideas???

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31