[X2Go-Dev] Bug#28: Seems to be fixed in newer versions

Ulrich Sibiller ulrich.sibiller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 23:39:03 CET 2014

Well, looking at the source of the current libxfixes (of Ubuntu
Trusty) I can find no XFIXES version 6 code. Additionally
libxfixes_5.0.1-1ubuntu1.diff.gz contains this changelog update:

+ -- Julien Cristau <jcristau at debian.org>  Tue, 14 May 2013 10:12:48 +0200
+
+libxfixes (1:5.0-4ubuntu6) raring; urgency=low
+
+  * Drop the v6 protocol.
+

I cannot test a full KDE setup here but I think at least the
speculation that v6 could be the reason can be dropped. Do the kwin
crashes still happen with Raring or any later release of (K)Ubuntu?
(For Precise a backport might be necessary.)