[X2Go-Dev] Automated testing plan x2go

cwe cwe at osmigratie.nl
Wed Nov 19 02:03:41 CET 2014

To Automated testing team,

I saw my setup for QA testing being bounced back to me from your
mailserver, Kjetil. So I will try a different sender mailaddress. Hope
the
plan will reach you now.
It is the same plan Mike already reviewed. Mike, thanks for your very
good
critics on my QA proposal!

I read your correspondence with Mike regarding the QA setup plan. One of
the foundations of my plan was to ask user permission to send over log
data, in order to receive as much information as possible concerning
operating system use, machinery, client connections and so on.
Mike and you mentioned the privacy issue that aggregates from
"calling-home". I think that is an important subject. Asking permission
could indeed lower user acceptance, so I agree with you to leave this
part
of the plan.

I'm no QA tester myself, as you know. At this moment I can't think of a
way
to speed up QA. I think the setup on which Mike and you did some
brainstorms, involves lots of work. If there is anything I can do to
help
with trapping code (I can do some ruby, python and bash) in order to
generate logging messages, let me know!

If you agree, I will try to contact a QA testing consultant from my
LinkedIn netwerk. Maybe she's a willing to co-operate or even join x2go
and
willing to hand over some QA suggestions to us. But I can't garantuee
she
is receptive to this. So do not be dissappointed when it fails!

Kind regards,

Kees Epema
--

OSmigratie: deel wat u weet, weet wat u deelt
osmigratie.nl