[X2Go-Dev] Bug#675: KDE and Gnome sessions fail on launch, standalone apps work fine

Jasmin Lévesque jasminlevesque at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 03:28:34 CET 2014

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.18-3

Hi,

When I try to open a Gnome or KDE remote session, the client window opens
and close immediately. No error message appears in the "detail windows" of
the client. No logs are found on in the home of the user on the server. If
I try to open a specific app instead of a full session, x2go works fine.

The behavior seems similar to bug #671 but on CentOS 7 instead of SLES.

I haven't tried older versions, this is a new deployment to replace an
aging server.

I tried to install the nighly build but I got a RPM dependency error that I
will post as a separate bug.

Best regards,

Jasmin Lévesque
Senior system analyst