[X2Go-Dev] Bug#611: Bug#611: X2Go Client for Windows cannot create C:\Users\<username>\ssh\known_hosts file when the username has characters from languages other than the system locale

cwe cwe at osmigratie.nl
Thu Nov 6 15:04:56 CET 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to "echo <username> | md5sum"? In this way all input will
be converted to UTF-8.
Finally the path will look something like
c:Usersffc01acb1953149574dd9f3a4f8a662sshknown_hosts.

Or will this lead to inconsistency?

Regards,

Kees Epema

On 2014-11-06 12:37, George Trakatelis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I remind you that bug #566
> 'X2Go Client for Windows cannot create C:Users<username>sshknown_hosts
> file when the username has non-English characters'
> was cloned to bug #611
> 'X2Go Client for Windows cannot create C:Users<username>sshknown_hosts
> file when the username has characters from languages other than the system
> locale'
> in an effort to find a global solution utilizing UTF-8 encoding.
> Imho, bug #611 cannot be resolved in the near future.
>
> I must ask Dmitry to re-state what his problem is.
> Is it an issue related to
>
> a. bug #566 as described above,
> b. bug #611 as described above,
> c. or something different?
>
> Please provide details.
>
> George

OSmigratie: deel wat u weet, weet wat u deelt
osmigratie.nl

Links:
------