[X2Go-Dev] schedule release of X2Go Client 4.0.2.0

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Mar 31 16:09:59 CEST 2014

Hi Michael,

On  Mo 31 Mär 2014 15:19:07 CEST, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> The latest version of VcXsrv, 1.15.0, contains the vulnerability
> CVE-2013-6462 in the component libXfont 1.4.6.
>
> The vulnerability is fixed in libXfont 1.4.7 and VcXsrv's master
> branch contains that update/fix.
>
> I just sent the VcXsrv developer "marha" a message through
> SourceForge.net. I am hoping he will respond soon. I would like to
> avoid releasing X2Go Client 4.0.2.0 with the vulnerable VcXsrv if at
> all possible. As I mentioned below, I'll try to compile VcXsrv's
> master branch if he will not release a new VcXsrv soon. I will also
> try to compile the master this evening if he does not respond by then.
>
> -Mike

are you sure you want to dive into building VcXsrv? We can also wait a
little more to get that fixed by marha.

Or we could release and provide builds for Win32 a little later.

On the other hand, it problable might be a benefit to be in charge of
your own VcXsrv builds. Maybe not now, but maybe later.

Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31