[X2Go-Dev] schedule release of X2Go Client 4.0.2.0

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 04:03:22 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> On  Mi 19 Mär 2014 04:59:30 CET, Michael DePaulo wrote:
>> 3. Tomorrow I would put out a nightly build out with following newer
>> dependencies. I would appreciate a few days for testing:
>> -Latest Cygwin files
>> -OpenSSH 6.6p1 with our patch ported and applied
>> (patch here: http://code.x2go.org/releases/source/openssh-cygwin/)
>> -nx-libx 3.5.0.22 linked against the latest cygwin (I have been
>> providing 3.5.0.22 linked against the older cygwin)
>> -VcXsrv 1.14.5 (see the email thread "Windows X2Go Client: Windows XP
>> & VcXsrv security vulnerabilities" for more info.)
>> -libpng 1.2.51
>>
>> The main reason for these dependency updates/upgrades is that there
>> are some security vulnerabilities in the current cygwin files, OpenSSH
>> 6.1p1, and in VcXsrv 1.14.2.1.
>>
>> -Mike#2
>

> +1 from me!

The build is out:
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-user/2014-March/002121.html
I would like either 1 or 2 more days of testing. Nobody has replied yet.

Also,
I confirmed that bug 421 (X2goclient on Windows: sshd.exe does not
start.) is a bug.
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=421

However, I recommend that we do not delay the 4.0.2.0 release for a fix because:
1. It only affects Windows XP.
2. It was introduced in 4.0.1.2. However, 4.0.0.3 (the previous win32
build) had folder sharing broken for some other reason. (4.0.0.3
actually had folder sharing broken on newer Windows client OSs too.)
3. I do not know what the cause is or how long it will take to fix.

-Mike#2