[X2Go-Dev] How to create patches for X2Go

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Mar 7 23:01:53 CET 2014

Hi Alex,

On  Mi 05 Mär 2014 11:49:02 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Thank you for all your contributions to X2Go code. However, sometimes it
> is not easy to test and apply patches, that you send us via a developer
> mailing list. To make this procedure for us easier, please create your
> patches like it described in the GIT documentation:
>
> http://www.git-scm.com/book/en/Distributed-Git-Contributing-to-a-Project#Public-Large-Project
>
> @Mike: What do you think about it? Should we include this link in our
> Wiki-Documentation?

One more feedback on the above article.

Best practice for applying patches (for me at least) is if
contributors attach patches to mails as an attachment (or several
attachments).

Patches sent inline (as recommended by the howto linked above) are
much harder to handle (at least for me, my mail client, my workflows).

Thanks+Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31