[X2Go-Dev] Bug#410: Segfault of _X11TransWritev in libNX_X11.so.6 with libQtGui

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Jun 30 22:02:58 CEST 2014

close #410
close #113
close #467
thanks

Hi Sven,

On  Mo 30 Jun 2014 15:32:14 UTC, Sven Willenberger wrote:

>> """ (quoted from above...)
>> +       # Provide means for Xinerama support in NX/X2Go sessions. This
>> +       # This also requires two post-install symlinks:
>> +       # (DESTDIR)$(NXLIBDIR)/X11/Xinerama/libNX_X11.so.6 ->
>> /usr/<libdir>/libX11.so.6
>> +       # (DESTDIR)$(NXLIBDIR)/X11/Xinerama/libNX_Xext.so.6 ->
>> /usr/<libdir>/libXext.so.6
>> """

> I went ahead and changed the PKGBUILD file (Archlinux's package
> building spec file) to include the symlinks as you pointed out (and as
> are contained as comments in the Makefile) and rebuilt the package. It
> works!! (pyQt, PySide, vlc all work now). That was the fix that was
> needed and will report this to the package maintainers.

Great that we could track this down...

@all: X2Go BTS issues #113, #410 and #467 have been identified as
packaging issues on Archlinux. For further reference, see here:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41037

Sven, thanks for your help and providing your distro-specific
expertise on this...

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31