[X2Go-Dev] [X2Go-User] "connectedHost" variable contains wrong IP, reason unknown

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu Jun 12 18:39:40 CEST 2014

* On 12.06.2014 01:04 am, Mike wrote:
> I'm far from being any type of coder.  Looks like it could be an endian issue
> though.

No, that doesn't make sense to me.

ppc64 supports both little endian (which is compatible to x86 -- and as it works
on x86, it's highly doubtful this is a little endian issue) and big endian
(i.e., network byte order), the latter one being the default.

From what I gathered skimming the code, no conversion is taking place
(understandble, as inet_ntoa does only create a string with the dotted quad IPv4
address from an address in _network byte order_.)

Generally, nobody needs the address in binary form in host byte order.

Sebastien, how are you connecting? Via an IPv4 address, or via a host name? Does
the host name by any chance contain multiple addresses?

(Though I might like to add, that actually debugging this issue really requires
being able to reproduce the issue, recompiling nx with debug info and attaching
a debugger.)

Mihai