[X2Go-Dev] Need advice on fixing x2goclient bug #109

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:16:39 CEST 2014

Hi Alex, Mike, and anyone else who is familiar with the x2goclient code,

I think I have an idea of how to solve bug 109, let me know if it
seems feasible:
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=109

Remember that I am not very experienced with C++.

1. For comparison, it appears that if your LDAP settings are incorrect
at x2goclient launch, then the settings menu opens up for you to
correct them. Am I correct?
2. I would like to do the same with the X server settings on Windows.
3. The error message (not a crash message) that was reported in bug
#109 is in ONMainWindow::getXDisplay()
4. Currently, after that error message is shown, the QT function
close() is called to close x2goclient altogether.
5. I figured I would replace the call to close() with a call to
slotConfig(), and then startXOrg(). This would open up the settings
menu, and then it would try to restart the X server, correct?
6. Also, I would put a loop in getXDisplay() in case the user sets
incorrect X server settings (or doesn't change them at all).
7. To avoid a possibly infinite loop, the error message would have an
option to exit x2goclient entirely rather than fixing the settings. I
think I would need to replace QMessageBox::critical with another
class.

-Mike#2