[X2Go-Dev] Introduction. x2go currently broken jessie

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Sun Jul 20 11:38:12 CEST 2014

Hi

I am the release manager of Elexis (http://elexis.info/) An Eclipse RCP
program for all aspects of a (Swiss) medical practice. My pet project is
https://github.com/ngiger/elexis-vagrant which should be part of an easy
Puppet based setup for the whole infrastructure of typical (small) medical
cabinets in Switzerland.

Under https://forge.puppetlabs.com/ngiger/x2go you find a puppet module which
supports
* setup of a x2goclient
* setup of a x2goserver
* setup of a x2go thin client environment
which allows me to have a reproducable installation

I see that you are running many Jenkins-CI jobs under
http://jenkins.x2go.org:8080/, but as far as I see there is non with hardware
in the loop. Are there any scripts/ideas laying around on how to test
automatically a x2go tce build, eg. checking whether login, mouse and keyboard
work?

We are testing a setup with x2go thinclients, which works fine when I install
Debian Wheezy. Installing using Debian jessie failed with a lot of error
messages like
> Jul 18 19:22:43 prxserver rpc.mountd[31578]: authenticated unmount request
> from 192.168.1.23:951 for /opt/x2gothinclient.schoebu/chroot
After a quit long wait I was in the root prompt. On other essays (which I
cannot reproduce now I did see, that it complaint that the thin client could
not mout /var/lib/alsa (the corresponding alsa-utils package was not installed
on the server).

Also when I tried to install the non-free firmware I got the following error
> Setting up dirmngr (1.1.1-1.2) ...
> [....] Starting DirMngr: dirmngrchmod: cannot access
> '/var/run/dirmngr/socket': No such file or directory>
>  failed!
Shall I open a bug report for one or both of it?

As my client would love to use ubuntu 14.04 I would like to see a comment on
http://bugs.x2go.org/db/48/482.html whether there are any hopes that a future
version of x2go will support x2gosession with an ubuntu 14.04 server?

Best regards

Niklaus

--
Niklaus Giger