[X2Go-Dev] Can't get my X2GO running on the screen I want

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:37:40 CEST 2014

Hi Ilia,

Sorry to hear that you are running into this issue.

You wouldn't happen to have either of the following installed and
enabled, would you?
AMD Hydravision/Hydragrid
Nvidia nView

I am under the impression that they are the Windows equivalent of X11
"window managers", and can therefore interfere.

Also, what version of Windows are you running? For example, "Windows 7
32-bit SP1".

I was unable to produce this bug on my desktop (Windows 8.1 64-bit
with update 1. Nvidia graphics, but no nView).

Also,
I was able to produce a 1 or 2 different bugs on my desktop, which I
will now write up as 2 bug reports.

1. Sometimes when I selected Display 2, which is 2560x1440, X was
limited to 2048x1152 (the size of Display 1) and appeared in the
top-left corner of Display 2. This only seemed to happen with Xinerama
was enabled. (Display 2 is set as my primary monitor in Windows. It is
on the right.)

2. When I select fullscreen, it is centered in display 2, but still
limited to 2048x1152.) This happens all the time, whether Xinerama is
enabled or not.