[X2Go-Dev] Bug#535: PyHoca-GUI: Windows: "The X2Go PulseAudio system could not be started."

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 01:36:35 CEST 2014

Package: pyhoca-gui
Version: 0.4.0.8
Version: 0.5.0.0-preview

On Windows, whenever I launch PyHoca-GUI a 2nd time (or 3rd time,
etc),I get the error bubble/notification:
The X2Go PulseAudio system could not be started.

The pulseaudio.exe process is indeed not running, and sound does not work.

The simple workaround is to delete the folder:
%USERPROFILE%\.pulse

Or more specifically, delete the only file underneath it:
%USERPROFILE%\.pulse\%COMPUTERNAME%-runtime\pid

You'll have to delete that file after everytime you run PyHoca-GUI.

X2Go Client is not affected by this problem.

note, on Windows:
pyhoca-gui 0.4.0.8 has PulseAudio 1.1
pyhoca-gui 0.5.0.0 has PulseAudio 5.0