[X2Go-Dev] Bug#525: Bug#525: x2goclient.exe shows "arrow and hourglass" cursor for 5 seconds during startup

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Fri Jul 4 10:21:06 CEST 2014

Am 28.06.2014 19:42, schrieb Stefan Baur:

> 4.0.2.1-pre01 now exhibits a similar, slightly annoying behavior:
>
> When run by double-click from a folder view, it displays an "arrow and
> hourglass" cursor on Windows 7 x64 for approximately 5 seconds during
> startup.
>
> It does not happen when the same x2goclient.exe is run from the
> commandline. There, response is instantaneous like in 4.0.2.0 and in the
> nightlies up to 2014-06-11.
>
> I have no explanation for that effect, but maybe one of our devs can
> shed some light on this?

To either confirm or rule out that Alex' recent changes to x2goclient
introduced this behavior, Mike#2 has agreed to provide a special test
build of x2goclient with

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=76777fca627f287f8d721023a44646d13e13accb

(Alex' change that broke the nightlies) and

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=093543e62d00d8b0dcfb36798fa48bd8757fb17e
(Alex' fix to make the nightlies work again)

removed.

If this fixes the issue, Mike#1 has already announced that he will
revert those changes from the code for the 4.0.2.1 release.

I volunteer as a tribute, err, as a guinea pig for the test build.

-Stefan