[X2Go-Dev] libssh changes. Information for package maintainers

Oleksandr Shneyder o.shneyder at phoca-gmbh.de
Fri Jan 24 15:14:03 CET 2014

Hello,

as you know, I made some changes in X2Go Client code. Especially
important is that X2Go Client do not open for every reverse tunnel a new
ssh connection any more. To make it possible, I made some improvements
in libssh. The patch is already accepted by libssh team and Mike will
take care about linux packages.

The libssh patch for reverse connections is here:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/libssh/libssh-0.5.x-accept-forward.patch

I have also found another one issue with libssh, however I have not yet
an answer from libssh team if they will accept this patch. It is very
important for Mac Client to use libssh with this patch. In other case
you can expect the poor performance of X2Go Client.

You can find a patch here:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/libssh/libssh-0.5.x-unblock.patch

To be able build current X2Go Client code on Mac or Windows you also
need a libssh with this two patches.

@Michael DePaulo.
Please apply this two patches on your libssh source tree. If you don't
want to build libssh by yourself, you can use binaries built by me:

http://code.x2go.org/releases/libssh/libssh-0.5.5.zip

@Clemens Lang.
If you build libssh using brew, you can do next:

 - uninstall old version of libssh
$brew uninstall libssh

$cd $(brew --prefix)
$brew update

 - get available libssh vesrions
$brew versions libssh

 - switch to libssh-0.5.5
$git checkout 91e973b Library/Formula/libssh.rb

 - edit formula
$brew edit libssh

add libssh patches before def install:

def patches
  [

"http://code.x2go.org/releases/libssh/libssh-0.5.x-accept-forward.patch",
    "http://code.x2go.org/releases/libssh/libssh-0.5.x-unblock.patch"
  ]
end

after that you can build libssh as usual:
$brew install libssh

regards
Alex
Oleksandr Shneyder  | Email: o.shneyder at phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH          | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Bräuhausgasse 9     | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-82205 Gilching    | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658         | http://www.x2go.org