[X2Go-Dev] Bug#709: Bug#709: unity-greter brakes desktop

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Dec 19 13:37:02 CET 2014

Control: reassign -1 unity-greeter-x2go
Control: retitle -1 installing unity-greeter-x2go breaks Ubuntu
Desktop (Unity)
Control: found -1 14.04.01
Control: notfound -1 14.04.01-0~24~ubuntu.14.04.1

Hi Gorm,

thanks for filing this first bug of yours.

On  Fr 19 Dez 2014 12:24:03 CET, Theo Gorm Lindbæk wrote:

> Package: unity-greter-x2go
> Version: 14.04.01-0~24~ubuntu.14.04.1
>
> Install on Ubuntu 14.04.1 64 bit
>
> Hello
> We install unity-greter-x2go from ppa:x2go/ppa after reboot the menu
> disappear
> regards Gorm

On a freshly installed Ubuntu 14.04 desktop system... If you run

   apt-get install unity-greeter-x2go

What is the output of apt-get (or aptitude) on the console.

Please copy paste what you see on screen before actually installing
unity-greeter-x2go.

I need to know what packages are forced to be remove when installing
unity-greeter-x2go.

NOTE: If you don't want to setup a new Ubuntu workstation, do this:

   sudo apt-get remove --purge unity-greeter-x2go
   sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

that should bring back the normal Ubuntu desktop system.

Please also note that I manipulated this bug report a little bit (see
Control: commands at the top of this mail).

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31