[X2Go-Dev] Bug#587: Bug#587: Bug#587: x2goclient is missing VcXsrv/zlib1.dll

Ivan Kozik ivan at ludios.org
Fri Aug 29 13:46:42 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> Thanks for reporting your observed issue.
>
> I close this bug as the problem seems to be related to your setup.
>
> Launching X2Go Client always requires to cwd to its installation directory,
> otherwise its DLLs will not be found.

I don't think this is true - like almost all programs, x2goclient.exe
starts fine with an incorrect cwd.  The problem arises only when
x2goclient tries to start VcXsrv.

Also, it's rather hard to figure out the source of the problem from
the "Can't start X Server / Please check your installation" message.