[X2Go-Dev] Deps on notify-python

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Aug 22 23:19:15 CEST 2014

Hi Orion,

On  Fr 22 Aug 2014 20:27:34 CEST, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> I see that pyhoca-cli and pyhoca-gui are configured to require
> notify-python.  However, it doesn't look like pyhoca-cli uses it.
>
> Also, notify-python has been dropped from RHEL7, presumably in favor
> of python-inotify.  Perhaps it is time to switch to that?

this python-inotify package in RHEL7, does it ship this [1] upstream
code (open the URL and read the first lines on that project home
page)? If so, then it has nothing to do with notify-python (or
python-notify as it is called in Debian).

Any clue what else was used as a replacement in RHEL7?

Mike

[1] http://pyinotify.sourceforge.net/

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148