[X2Go-Dev] Question about how x2goclient tells x2goserver what session type to launch

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 17:14:10 CEST 2014

Mike#1 (or anyone else who can answer this),

You linked me to this MATE commit as an example of how I should add
Cinnamon support to x2goclient (bug #571):
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=468be3aa8d457ec4bc429e76f4c26f4bbf27f0d0

I thought that x2goclient merely specified a session type with a
string like "MATE". So I do not understand the logic in
ONMainWindow::runCommand() and SessionButton::slot_cmd_change( const
QString& command ),  where command is changed from "MATE" to
"mate-session" and then back.

Furthermore,
1. pyhoca-gui doesn't do anything like that:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=pyhoca-gui.git;a=commitdiff;h=af60d3076e8cb45ea8e330ff0f4405d4428c4e36;hp=a12f581df11af39c67eecc0518fbaad96b3af1bf
2. With my proposal for fixing #569, there are 3 possible commands
that can be used to launch Cinnamon.

-Mike