[X2Go-Dev] Bug#225: Bug#225: when uninstalling x2goclient from windows, the .x2go folder remains

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Thu May 30 19:23:51 CEST 2013

Am 30.05.2013 18:46, schrieb Αλέξανδρος Τασίκας:
> Package: x2goclient
> Version: 4.0.0.3
>
> when uninstalling x2goclient, the .x2go folder which is in the user
> space (in windows-XP C:\Docs&Sets\username\.x2go)is not deleted!!! I
> think the uninstall process should delete folder also.
> (maybe related with Bug#224)

Deleting stuff from user directories is a bad idea and should not be
done. Please think of multi-user setups on the same machine. A user
might have an individual copy of x2goclient.exe somewhere (there's no
requirement to install x2goclient, it can be run as a
portable/stand-alone application) and you'd delete that user's settings
with a system-wide purge of all "C:\Documents and Settings\*\.x2go"
directories. This is not what you want.

Just my 0.02€,
Stefan