[X2Go-Dev] Python-x2go "Bringing up NX3 proxy failed" on Windows

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu May 23 22:07:47 CEST 2013

Hi Adrien,

On Mi 22 Mai 2013 10:44:33 CEST Adrien Basso wrote:

> Hi X2go-devs,
> I try to use python-x2go api for an application on linux and windows.
> I have no problem with linux but on windows, I can do  session.connect()
> but I still get the same error at start of sessions.

> (x2goproxy-pyib) ERROR: Bringing up NX3 proxy failed.
> (x2goclient-pylib) WARN: HOOK_session_startup_failed: session startup for
> session profile ,,test failed.

My guess is that on Windows you do not have an X-Server running.

There is some X-Server launching-magic in Python X2Go. If you use
class X2GoClient instead of X2GoSession and manage sessions via the
X2GoClient class then you can add start_xserver=True when
instantiating the class.

> The same script run perfectly on linux.
> I installed python-x2go in this way :
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:build-howto-mswin:pyhoca-gui
>
> I checked that I had nxproxy.exe in several paths, it's ok.
>
> Do you have any idea of where it might come?
> PS: The x2go-Client works perfectly well on my machine.
> And the remote server is a Debian server.

Make sure that you run an X-Server on the Windows machine and I guess
your issue will be solved.

> Thanks for your time ,
> Adrien

Greets,