[X2Go-Dev] Python-x2go "Bringing up NX3 proxy failed" on Windows

Adrien Basso basso.adrien at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:44:33 CEST 2013

Hi X2go-devs,
I try to use python-x2go api for an application on linux and windows.
I have no problem with linux but on windows, I can do  session.connect()
but I still get the same error at start of sessions.

>>> session.start (cmd='LXDE")

(x2goproxy-pyib) ERROR: Bringing up NX3 proxy failed.
(x2goclient-pylib) WARN: HOOK_session_startup_failed: session startup for
session profile ,,test failed.

The same script run perfectly on linux.
I installed python-x2go in this way :

http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:build-howto-mswin:pyhoca-gui

I checked that I had nxproxy.exe in several paths, it's ok.

Do you have any idea of where it might come?
PS: The x2go-Client works perfectly well on my machine.
And the remote server is a Debian server.

Thanks for your time ,
Adrien