[X2Go-Dev] Bug#151: Limit tunneled (localhost -> localhost) traffic to IPv4

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Mar 28 09:27:46 CET 2013

Package: x2goclient
Version 4.0.1.0
Severity: grave
Tag: ipv6

Hi Alex,

Orion reported this issue on IRC:
https://red.libssh.org/issues/101

To work around it, I guess, we should limit the tunnel connections in
X2Go to IPv4 (as they are localhost to localhost connections anyway).

Here is the IRC backlog of the reported issue:

18:51 < orionp> Is there a known issue with x2client and ssh proxy
connections with passwords?  I'm getting "connection refused".
18:56 < neverpanic> you mean your ssh host is password-protected? No,
that works.
18:56 < neverpanic> at least for me
18:57 < neverpanic> connection refused doesn't sound like an
authentication issue anyway
18:57 < orionp> It seems to be a ssh hanshake issue
18:57 < orionp> handshake
18:57 < orionp> It seems like this used to work for me, but now it doesn't
18:58 < orionp> Even with ssh-agent it fails now, though with a
different error.
19:47 < orionp> Hmm, looks like a race condition - tries to connect to
the ssh tunnel port before it is bound

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31