[X2Go-Dev] X2go issues/problems

George Poulos gpoulos2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 22:09:33 CET 2013

Hi there just think you would want feedback on X2go.
Its a great tool from Linux to Linux
But from Windows to Linux or Mac to Linux its downright
unreliable and trust me when I tell you that it is unreliable.
On Windows it will only connect very randomly at best. There
no predictability with it at all. I tried on the same network
and its completely random when it connects. Which is not good.
You can diable all AV and its still the same. I only installed
Windows 7 and the installed the X2go client on that and its
still unpredictable.

Me and a friend of mine spent over a week trying to make it
work on Windows 7 and we couldn't make it work predictably.

With that being said what I did was to create a Lubuntu VM on
a Windows 7 machine, ssh from the VM into the server I am
trying to manage and it works perfectly. Yes its a lot of work
but it works correctly.

--
--GP