[X2Go-Dev] zlib Performance

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Mar 12 10:07:51 CET 2013

Hi there,

lately I have noticed some performance issues. When starting with X2Go I
found that using 16m-rgb with WAN network provided the best performance.
It seems that at least on my system (FitPC3 Pro) the Zlib compression of
the WAN configuration introduced a significant impact (did some
tracing). Thus now the 16m-rle and the LAN configuration provides way
better performance, not bringing my client CPU to 100% when scrolling.
This of course might be closely related to turning off the GLX
extension, as I'm working on a 27'' screen and thus those performance
improvements (e.g. by copying parts of the screen around) are not
possible any more.
Any thoughts?

Cheers
Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty