[X2Go-Dev] Wiki

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Mar 12 09:45:31 CET 2013

On 2013-03-11 21:51, Heinz-M. Graesing wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> Am 10.03.2013 18:38, schrieb Moritz Strübe:
>> 1) Show all pages of a namespace in the navigation (e.g. when clicking
>> on "Installing X2Go" all pages in that name space should be shown.
> I would suggest to use a plugin for that task, but then you are bound to
> the pagenames (f.e. lower case):
>
> [[:.|Current_Tree]]

I thought it's possible to use the first Headline, just as it's done
when adding an internal link.

> As there is only one sidebar page, it can't be done by manual links,
> because the content of that page would be static on all pages.

I don't think that's a good idea either.

> We should discuss to move the top 5 sites out of the wiki
> (target:www.x2go.org) and make them more user friendly:
>
> What can I do with X2Go?
> How do I use X2Go?
> Where do I get X2Go?
> What is the difference to other Tools?
> Where can I get help?
>
> This way the whole navigation could be used by the wiki tree and the
> layout could get even more "documentation friendly" (for wiki.x2go.org).

If these pages are generated from the wiki (e.g. using an export-plugin)
I'm fine with that. But I'm strongly against having to maintain
HTML-Pages outside the wiki as these will be outdated quickly and can't
be fixed by a stray user.

Cheers
Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty