[X2Go-Dev] Bug#126: x2gobroker only works in debug-mode

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Mar 1 11:15:41 CET 2013

tag #126 pending
tag #126 - wontfix
retitle #126 Provide info in /etc/default config files about broker debug mode
thanks

Hi Anders, hi Morty,

On Fr 01 Mär 2013 10:30:11 CET Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:

> 2013/2/28 Moritz Struebe <Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
>
>> > Without X2GOBROKER_DEBUG mode (=0) the GET request is disable and
>> > result in 404 Not Found. X2Go Client however, will just work fine, as
>> > it issues a POST request.
>> What is the rationale for this. While I don't work with the broker this
>> seems odd.
>>

> It could be related to REST. A POST request is usually what is used for
> giving input to a REST service. It means that caches do the right thing
> with the request, if one happens to be in between the service and the
> client. But it might be nice to have a comment in
> /etc/default/x2gobroker-daemon warning that enabling debug will enable GET
> requests to make using a browser for testing possible. Also we need
> documentation specifying that only POST requests are normally honored, but
> documentation probably should wait until the product is closer to being
> finished :)

I have just committed an attempt to make the X2GOBROKER_DEBUG usage
more clear:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2gobroker.git;a=commitdiff;h=94323f6767cc8f3258f03a4160dba4cf6e166d07

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148