[X2Go-Dev] x2go keybindings / toggle key

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jan 24 10:46:54 CET 2013

Hey,

I'm afraid there are currently no free(as in Beer) developer resources
to look into this. Basically one needs to catch the keystroke before it
reaches the window manager. While this is possible and probably little
effort for someone who implemented this before, its probably quite a bit
of work for someone not so familiar with the WinAPI.

Cheers
Morty

On 2013-01-23 13:36, Terje Andersen wrote:

> I think this would be the same as ctrl+alt+k
> (http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR03C00172) in the
> nomachine client. I too miss such a feature and hopefully this could
> be enabled in a future release.
>
> Best regards,
> Terje
>
> On 2013 1 22 22:32, "Colin Kincaid Williams" <discord at uw.edu
> <mailto:discord at uw.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I would like to get the following functionality from X2go.
>
>     I would like to use a key press to toggle between the 'keyboard
>     focus'. I would press a key on the keyboard and the focus would
>     toggle between the client and the server. That way I could keep
>     the keybindings the same for both machines.
>
>     For example: I use i3wm on both machines. Windows key + fn key
>     switches workspaces on both machines. I would like to press a key
>     to toggle the focus between the client and server desktop.
>
>     So maybe I would press " ` " and it would set the focus to the
>     server and then all my subsequent key presses would affect the
>     server desktop. When I want to return to my client desktop I would
>     press " ` " and it would set the focus to the client.
>
>     I could change the keybindings for my window manager iteslf. In
>     fact I may go this route if there is no solution for x2go. However
>     I thought it might be easier to have a focus mechanisim in x2go.
>
>     Is this already a feature of x2go?  If so how do I implement it.
>     Maybe I could write something for the wiki.
>
>     If not, would it be difficult to enable such functionality?

Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Martensstr. 1
91058 Erlangen

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732