[X2Go-Dev] nx-libx-3.5.0.17 differences

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Jan 17 01:10:04 CET 2013

On 01/16/2013 04:56 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Orion,
>
> On Mi 16 Jan 2013 00:35:58 CET Orion Poplawski wrote:
>
>> There are a lot of differences between nx-libs-3.5.0.16 and .17.  I'm
>> pointing some of them out here to make sure that they are intentional and to
>> ask some questions.
>
> Thanks for reviewing the latest changes. Note that nx-libs is still work in
> progress and we are aiming at
>
>   * a proper build and installation of nx-libs via Makefile
>   * using the results of the Makefile installation as basis for Debian packaging
>
>> A bunch of Mesa headers are installed in /usr/include/nx/extras/.  Are these
>> needed?  Hm, looks like they go in libnx-mesa-extras-dev.
>
> I guess, that these files are not needed. However, we ship them for now.
> Basically, the X client libs in nx-libs are obsolete. The only important stuff
> is the X-Server and its extensions. The only used X client lib from nx-libs is
> libNX_Xinerama.so.

It would be nice if items that aren't needed aren't shipped.  It is easier to
start shipping something than removing it later (from a Fedora packaging
standpoint anyways).

>> There are some Xtrans headers installed in /usr/include/nx/X11/Xtrans.  Are
>> these needed?  If so, what library do they go with?
>
> Hmmm... probably not in use? Otherwise, my guess would be libNX_Xtrans (if
> exists).

I doesn't.  I'm just going to drop it for now.

>> Looks like the libraries that were in /usr/lib/nx/X11/locale/lib/common/:
>> ximcp.so.2  xlcDef.so.2  xlcUTF8Load.so.2  xlibi18n.so.2  xlocale.so.2
>> xomGeneric.so.2
>>
>> are now installed in /usr/lib/nx/X11 with "lib" prefixes.  Are these needed?
>> It's not obvious to me if they are packaged in debian or not.
>
> Yes, they are packaged:

>> I can't tell if /usr/share/nx/SecurityPolicy is going in libnx-x11 or
>> nxagent (or both)?
>
> in libnx-x11.
>
>> Thanks...
>
> Hope that helps,
 > Mike

It does, thanks!

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com