[X2Go-Dev] GSOC

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Feb 13 16:55:20 CET 2013

Hi Morty,

On Mi 13 Feb 2013 14:40:17 CET Moritz Struebe wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> it's GSOC proposla time [1]. IMO this is something we should think
> about, but the decision should probably be made by the core devs (I'd be
> willing to mentor, though). Currently the following comes to my mind:
> * Migrate to pixman (this might be a bit too much)
> * Fix Cairo (This must be joint with the cairo guys, as it involves
> fixing stuff on out side as well as theirs)
> * Fix GLX (I have no idea how much effort this ist)
>
> Cheers
> Morty

Agreed on all three!!! Morty, could you at Uni Erlangen handle this? I
will be happy to give as much expertise (which is not much on X11
code) to participants and I guess so will Alex.

However, it would be great if you could do the proposal + around work
(or find someone who will do it for you).

Can you do that?

Greets,
Mike

PS: I also think we should stay with NX coding and leave pulseaudio
out for now.

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31