[X2Go-Dev] GSOC

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Wed Feb 13 14:47:50 CET 2013

Am 13.02.2013 14:40, schrieb Moritz Struebe:
> Hey there,
>
> it's GSOC proposla time [1]. IMO this is something we should think
> about, but the decision should probably be made by the core devs (I'd be
> willing to mentor, though). Currently the following comes to my mind:
> * Migrate to pixman (this might be a bit too much)
> * Fix Cairo (This must be joint with the cairo guys, as it involves
> fixing stuff on out side as well as theirs)
> * Fix GLX (I have no idea how much effort this ist)

May I add

* Better sound support (either through fixes to pulseaudio or through
changing to a different sound transport method that works equally well
on Linux, Windows and Mac OS)

to the list of suggestions?

Note: I might be able to throw some cash in the general direction of the
core developers for this around mid-2013, if someone is willing and able
to work on that task.

While we currently have a fallback solution on Windows by using the
interim client with the old pulseaudio, this is ENOTGOOD.

-Stefan