[X2Go-Dev] Periodic X2Go Server CPU usage

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Dec 28 22:10:25 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

On  Do 26 Dez 2013 13:49:15 CET, Daniel Lindgren wrote:

> I was hoping there was a "hidden" option somewhere (couldn't find it in the
> man pages or the wiki), changing the script itself isn't desirable since an
> update will overwrite it.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

the tasks performed by x2gocleansessions are so minimal, they should
be invisible in a CPU load graph.

Normally, KVM (virt-manager produces those kinds of graphs IIRC) only
shows the CPU load on a relative scale. So, if nothing happens in the
VM you get a flat line.

Then, if a little something happens (x2gocleansessions), you get those
peaks. And those peaks are relatively high compared to the nothingness
before.

If you then start a compilation of some C code on that machine, you
get really high peaks, the scale of the figure gets adapted/rescaled
to the new maximum load.

If the compilation job is over, x2gocleansessions will disappear in a
flat line now (my guess), because relatively to the compilation
process, the created load of x2gocleansessions is virtually zero.

Does that make sense?

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31