[X2Go-Dev] Changed keyboard settings in x2goclient

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Dec 17 16:00:35 CET 2013

Hi Alex,

On  Di 17 Dez 2013 14:46:14 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I made some changes in X2Go Client keyboard configuration:
>
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=be65efa3a6e5a84da5531d2707dcaeb248a14474
>
> There are three possible configuration methods:
> - Auto detect keyboard settings (default)
> - Do not configure keyboard (if you using layout configuration on your
> remote desktop)
> - Configure keyboard manually using model, layout and variant.
>
> Options in sessions config file are not changed.
>
> do not configure keyboard:
> usekbd=false
>
> auto detection:
> usekbd=true
> type=auto
>
> manual configuration:
> usekbd=true
> type=<model>/<layout>[(variant)]
> variant should be quoted.
>
> examples:
>
> pc101, German
> type=pc101/de
>
> pc105, German, nodeadkeys
> type=pc105/de\(nodeadkeys\)
>
> pc105, French(Switzerland)
> type=pc105/ch\(fr\)
>
> config file option "layout" is ignored.
>

> @x2go-internalization team: please update translation files.
>

> regards,
> Alex

I have just reverted this commit, released 4.0.1.2 and then added the
commit for the next release 4.0.1.3 again. As we really need 4.0.1.2
out, I decided not to wait for the translation team to update the .ts
files.

Please also post a separate mail to x2go-i18n at lists.berlios.de with
the subject "Call for translations: X2Go Client". We will release
4.0.1.3 after the i18n has done its work.

Please also update the .ts files from our code (lupdate) and commit
the updated files to Git.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31