[X2Go-Dev] Do we really need an x2gouser

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 23:26:57 CET 2013

Hi,

can someone please remind me again why we need a sqlite database that
is shared for all users? It allows users to see what other users are
currently having running sessions, which I frankly don't consider very
important. It could even be considered a privacy issue.

If there isn't a good reason for a shared database, why don't we have
x2go users have their own sqlite database in their home directory?
This would allow to get rid of the x2go user and all suid/sgid
complexity that comes with it.

Background, I'm trying to have my new employer deploy x2go, and I'm
currently having trouble to explain this point. I understand that the
current printing implementation requires the x2goprint user, but
that's not an issue right now.

Thanks, and greetings from NYC!

--
regards,