[X2Go-Dev] X2Go Client Windows binary 4.0.1.2pre02

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 23:40:16 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Stefan Baur
<newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de> wrote:
> Am 12.12.2013 23:23, schrieb John Williams:
>

>> Yes, that is the one I am talking about. I do not see how I could
>> possibly have a caching proxy in there, since I certainly did not
>> configure anything like that.
>

> Well, I don't know where you are and who your provider is.
> If you're at a public library, a university, a company, chances are the IT
> department installed a caching proxy.
> Also, some providers add caching proxies, especially when you're using a
> mobile internet connection.

I am using a cable modem connection. As I said, I do not see how any
caching proxy could be in there. I would certainly have noticed it on
other web pages if the ISP was somehow screwing with my http packets.

> I've seen Firefox have "hiccups" like that before. Try:
> - Shift-Reload (keep the shift button pressed down while clicking on the
> reload button - note that you need to click, Ctrl-R + Shift doesn't work any
> more)
> - Ctrl-Reload (same as above, with Ctrl instead of Shift, will most likely
> open a new tab or browser window)
> - Ctrl-Shift-Reload (as above, with both pressed down)
> - Switching to "Porn Mode" a.k.a. Private Browsing (Shift-Ctrl-P) and
> - Creating a new, additional Firefox user profile
> - Using a different browser

I am actually using Google Chrome at the moment, but Internet Explorer
and Firefox both show the same web page.