[X2Go-Dev] Bug#364: Please add config option to disable bubble help text and change the wording of it

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Wed Dec 11 15:28:50 CET 2013

Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Version: 4.0.1.2

Upon connection, an info bubble pops up, containing a *totally cryptic
session name* and disappearing after five seconds or so.

No non-technical user can make use of that message, seriously. And even
technical users will have a hard time memorizing a cryptic session name
within 5 seconds.

Please, also add an option to disable this popup, and seriously consider
changing the displayed info to something more user friendly like
"Connection to host <host>, session <sessionname> established as user
<user>." It's okay to add the cryptic string somewhere where techies can
find it if they need it, maybe in an About-Box or so, but please - think
of the chil^W ordinary non-technical end user.
And again, I'm kind of disappointed that we're adding silly eye candy
when there still are serious bugs to fix.