[X2Go-Dev] X2Go Client Windows binary 4.0.1.2pre01

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 08:47:55 CET 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We ask that Windows users please
> test this build and report any bugs. We especially want users to
> report regressions against previous builds for Windows (4.0.0.3 and
> 4.0.1.0pre02). Remember that it is only a nightly build so it is not
> intended for production use.

Well, I have been using version 3.99.2.1 for months now because of the
bug that was introduced right after that version that causes the
Windows x2goclient to frequently hang when trying to resume sessions.

I tested 4.0.1.2 and it has the same problem. So that would be a
regression that goes all the way back to just after 3.99.2.1

Since this bug was discussed on the x2go-user list in October (thread
started by Sebastian Flothow), I had assumed that it already had a
detailed bug report. But I just checked, and the only bug report I
could find was #263 that was missing some details. So I submitted the
information below to the #263 bug report, but it has not shown up yet.
Either I did something wrong, or it just takes a while. Anyway, here
is what I sent:

I believe I have been experiencing the same bug as reported by Edouard
Villeneuve <evilleneuve at pldagroup.com>

One important piece of information is that the bug does not appear in
x2goclient 3.99.2.1 (3.99.2.2 about box).

The bug appears to have been introduced between 3.99.2.1 and
3.99.3.1-pre1, since all versions from 3.99.3.1-pre1 and later have
the bug. Also, it does NOT appear to be a consequence of the new
pulseaudio version, since the old interims version has the same issue.

Windows client:
3.99.2.1 filename (3.99.2.2 about box): works
3.99.3.1-pre1_interims (old pulseaudio): hangs
4.0.0.3: hangs
4.0.0.3_interims (old pulseaudio): hangs
4.0.1.0-pre02 : hangs
4.0.1.2 : hangs

This was also discussed on the x2go-user email list in a thread
started by Sebastian Flothow sebastian.flothow at gip.com with the
subject "X2Go client 4.0.0 can't resume certain sessions"

http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-user/2013-October/001684.html

Here is the addtional information that Mike Gabriel requested about
this bug (note that I am not the original reporter for this bug):

Server distro: Archlinux
arch packages:
x2go-agent 3.5.0.21-1
x2goclient 4.0.1.1-1