[X2Go-Dev] X2Go Client Windows binary 4.0.1.2pre01

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 23:37:09 CET 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> - It is still compatible with Windows XP! It bundles VcXsrv 1.14.2.1
> (2013-07-26) because all later versions of VcXsrv (starting with
> 1.14.3, released 2013-09-20) are incompatible with Windows XP.

Are there any plans to split off a version for Windows XP
compatibility, and to let the main version continue to get VcXsrv
updates?

> - For a high-level changelog of what has been fixed/improved in
> 4.0.1.2 so far, see:
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=blob;f=debian/changelog;h=11e76e53b25c393932ea9c5c9f1e0b580352442e;hb=119635850c8408e45d2d2dca2f3c5b013f8da1c6

I always like to look at changelogs, but I am not adept at navigating
a gitweb. This changelog is quite different (and more informative for
me) than the normal git log that I was able to navigate to myself.

How did you determine the URL for this particular changelog? Will that
URL for the changelog stay the same in the future, or will a new URL
be required when a new version is tagged/released? How would I find a
changelog URL for a new version?

By the way, Michael DePaulo, thanks for your work on the Windows x2go
client! It is nice to see it getting a bit more attention than it has
in the past. I always had the impression the Windows x2goclient was
the neglected step-child of the family!