[X2Go-Dev] Bug#354: Things you should know about X (was: Re: Bug#354: Bug#354: Make x2goagent listening to TCP connections configurable in x2goserver.conf)

Nable 80 nable.maininbox at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 8 21:05:21 CET 2013

Thanks a lot for this interesting discussion.

Although I should comment this thing from the linked article: it
begins with the following words:
> log into the victim's desktop, become root
It's too obvious that with root one can do almost anything, not only
grab X sessions.
So, you article is not a proof of X11 insecurity (after all, we know
that it's not secure, but example is not good), just a howto for root
usage.
One should notice that without root ( who would give root access to
generic employee? except (possibly) on his workstation) you still
cannot access other users' cookies (except cases when one have too
wide permissions or known vulnerabilitites with privelege escalation),
so you cannot grab their X sessions, can you?