[X2Go-Dev] Bug#287: Bug#287: x2goserver allows to connect to ALL X server sessions by default

Fred Her. x2go at edhil.net
Fri Aug 16 15:41:34 CEST 2013

David Fuhrmann <fuhrmann_mail <at> web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> To rule out some specific configuration issue in our current system, I
installed a fresh linux mint inside a
> virtual machine and was able to confirm the issues.
>
> You should be able to reproduce it easily by doing the same. Choose Linux
Mint debian edition, 64 Bit, Mate
> package and install x2goserver following your instructions for debian 7.

I performed the test on the same configuration, and can confirm this issue:

On a fresh linux mint issue, Ubuntu edition, 64bits, MATE package.

x2go package installed :

ii  x2goserver                          4.0.1.6-0~712~raring1  amd64
ii  x2goserver-extensions               4.0.1.6-0~712~raring1  all
ii  x2goserver-xsession                 4.0.1.6-0~712~raring1  all

userA creates a session with a custom desktop (x-session-manager) and
connect. Then close the session window (but do not disconnect)

UserB creates a session with "connect to Local Desktop" and log in using his
own login and ssh password

UserB can connect to UserA desktop with full access.

As a workaround, ss there any x2goserver.conf parameters that could be used
to disable the Local Desktop access?